There’s no question that people in Champaign-Urbana like to eat out. And there are several places that offer kids-eat-free specials, so it’s no biggie if the crockpot accidentally didn’t turn on one morning, or if the dog ate your turkey.
We have confirmed these deals as of June 2012 unless otherwise noted. Note that age and the “fine print” vary by restaurant. Call ahead if you have any questions.
Notice a new deal? Send us your tips (pun intended)
- Denny’s, Champaign. Kids eat free Tuesdays and Saturdays from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. Get two kids meals free ( for kids 10 and under) per adult entree purchased
- Prairie Fire, Champaign: Kids eat free all day on Sundays — children 12 and under can eat free when ordering off of the kids menu, no limit on how many kids. Includes a drink (milk/soda). 100 Trade Centre, Champaign; 353-5333 (confirmed Jan 2013)
- Every Tuesday, kids 12 and under eat FREE at Bob Evans from 4 p.m. to close with each adult entree purchase. Valid for dine-in only. 1813 N. Neil St., Champaign; 356-1006
- Perkins - Tuesday and Thursday – KIDS EAT FREE all day! For each adult entrée purchased, kids 12 and under receive one free meal from the children’s menu. 1214 W. University Ave., Urbana. 328-3000
- Chili’s, Champaign. We’ve been featuring special Chili’s Kids Eat Free days all winter, but now our local franchise has decided to do Kids Eat Free every Tuesday! Kids eat free all day (open 11 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.) off the kids menu with purchase of adult meal. 1905 N. Prospect. 398-2161
- Denny’s Diner in Tuscola. Kids eat free Tuesdays from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. Get two kids meals free ( for kids 10 and under) per adult entree purchased. 104 Tuscola Boulevard, Tuscola (217) 253-6756
- Kids eat free at El Toro in Rantoul all day, every Monday (from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.). Get one kids meal from the child menu per adult entree purchased. 1668 East Grove Avenue Rantoul (217) 893-0100
- O’Charley’s - Monday thru Thursday. Kids (10 and under) eat free from kid’s menu per each paying adult; drink not included. 730 W. Town Center Blvd, Champaign. 355-3901
- Flat Top Grill – Mondays. Kids 10 and under free; one free kids meal per each adult entree purchased. Everyday, kids 4 and under eat free during lunch or dinner (but not weekend brunch). 607 S. Sixth Street, Champaign. 344-3200
- Atlanta Bread Co. – Tuesday 4-9. One kids’ meal (off the kids menu)per one adult’s purchased meal. 12 and under (includes drink and cookie). 1905 S. Neil St., Champaign; 356-8040.
- Pizza Hut - Tuesday from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. and 6-8 p.m. One child 12 and under eats free off the buffet per adult meal purchased. Dine in only. 409 N. Mattis Ave., Champaign. 359-8807
- Steak ‘n Shake - Saturday and Sundays. One kids plate (12 and under) per $8 spent, dine in only. All metro locations.
Other great deals for kids:
- Za’s - Everyday. $1.99 meals for kids 10 and under, one for each adult meal purchased; comes with a drink and snack side. Dine-in and drive-thru! Both Champaign locations.
- Applebee’s – (SAVOY LOCATION ONLY) - Kids eat for .99 from 4-9 p.m. Monday and Tuesday, one kids meal (12 and under) per every adult meal purchased. Dine-in only. 1201 N. Dunlap Ave., Savoy. (217) 359-1894
- Fazoli’s - Tuesday night from 5 – 8 p.m. Kids 12 and under eat a kids meal for .99 cents; one for every adult entree purchased. Activity table with arts and crafts available. 2029 N. Prospect Ave., Champaign. 356-4820
- BW3 – Sunday $1.99 cents kids meals for 12 and under; Dine-in only. Comes with a drink. Champaign and Savoy locations. 378-4400 and 356-9464
- Texas Roadhouse – Tuesday night is kids’ night. Free ice cream with every kids meal purchased. 204 N. Country Fair Dr., Champaign. (added 5/16)
- Ryan’s – Thursday night (5-8 p.m.) is family night, starting 11/1/2012. Kids 11 and under will eat for .99 with an adult meal purchase. Limit 2 kids per each adult. 1004 W. Anthony Dr., Champaign, 217 352-7403.
- Hometown Buffet – Thursday night is family night, starting 11/1/2012, from 5-8 p.m. Kids 11 and under will eat for .99 with an adult meal purchase. Limit 2 kids per each adult. 2306 North Prospect Avenue, Champaign (217) 355-9429.